Creative curriculum while keeping integrity of science. Child led.
– science education should develop understanding of a set of big conceptual ideas in science
– … develop big ideas about the process of science
Not a big expectation of written work, mostly oral.
– … develop positive scientific attitudes.
Resilience. Perseverance. Group work. Take science home to talk about it
How to enjoy with out getting messy? Clean wet area, no mud. Mix big. Use aprons.e.g mix honey and…
Engage with parents. Use collaborative homework.
– social interaction plays a vital role in developing children’s scientific understanding
Science and talk is crucial. Dialogic learning
– first hand experience is a necessary and significant element in children’s learning
Learning needs all senses and genuine observation. First hand experience leads role play. If in doubt, go outside!
– assessment is integral part of teaching
– all areas of curriculum are important and interconnected
Snap science resources include (24 in total)
- A story
- Activity plan
- Science photos
- Supporting resource
Resources available on line to download
Hot water in a cup to melt chocolate