After running my first training session of the year for the NQTs in my school today, I shared with them things that I do not remember hearing during my first training session as an NQT. (8 years ago…)
After the session I walked over to the classroom of a fellow AST and said…
Well that was strange. I just shared things that I never thought I would be.
So, in this short post I would like to share thoughts I genuinely and honestly used to think and practice.
I now know different. (Mostly thanks to Twitter.)
I used to think…
- Differentiation meant a separate worksheet for all my students
- Writing a lengthy lesson plan will impress my observer
- ALL lessons had to be fun
- Being liked was more important than following through with a sanction at times
- If people didn’t work as hard as me they didn’t care
- Lessons had…
View original post 134 more words