This sums up my feelings at the moment too!
Three weeks now completed…and the question I am finding myself repeatedly asking Kelly (my Fiancé) is ‘…but am I actually doing anything…!’ Let me explain…
Am I doing anything?
Being an Assistant Head naturally I am on a reduced timetable. Therefore, I have more time to be out and about and meeting my teams and so on. However, I have found that with a reduced timetable it also means:
- FEWER lessons to plan/create/resource
- FEWER books/essays to mark
- FEWER DTs/Homeworks to track
- FEWER tracking/assessing/reporting
- FEWER conversations with parents/exam boards/moderators
- FEWER creative/innovative/new and engaging activities have to be dreamt up
- AND SO ON…
Obviously with the reduction in those things there is an increase in A LOT OF OTHER THINGS… BUT;
AM I DOING ANYTHING…?
Reason I keep asking is because I seem to be constantly just setting tasks, asking for information, reviewing practices, improving and editing. I seem to be asking for lots of things to be…
View original post 421 more words